Tuesday, August 21, 2007

In the Zone...

I was waiting for someone to respond to my new poll on my site, so I could write about this! Not sure what "in the zone" means?

Have you ever watched a race at a sporting event, where one athlete stood out. While other runners looked around, checking out the competition, or maybe chatting while they wait for the starting whistle, this athlete is going within, stretching his body, and focusing on finding his center. In other words, he is in meditation, so that when the race starts, he is only focused on running his best, racing against his last best time, and does not keep looking over his shoulder to see what is happening with the other competitors. He is "in the zone".

Ask Sachin Tendulkar, or Muhammad Ali, or any such sporting greats, the secret to their almost superhuman performance sometimes... and the answers will be similar. Sachin may say, I can see the ball as big as a football, and it comes in slow motion...
Muhammad Ali may be able to guage the energy of the fight, and know what his opponent is going to do, before the opponent even knows! And if you saw the film, Iqbal, like I did recently, you will know that Iqbal was "in the zone" when he bowled his winning over... tricking and manipulating the cricketer into playing a risky shot... Fascinating stuff!

I am fascinated by the workings of the human mind. I am fascinated at how it sometimes can enslave us, or sometimes, with meditation, we can enslave it! I am fascinated at how, if we become the watcher, we can play games with other people's minds, without them even realising it...


In the zone. The stuff sporting legends are made of. And my favourite way to fight....




Jhilmil Breckenridge can help you harness the power of your unconscious mind. Be it for a sporting career, a job, or relationship issues, she can help you to tap into your "zone".

No comments: