Thursday, August 23, 2007

Be Unreasonable: The Shamanic Trance & The Tantric Dance!

When people gasp and wonder at all the things I do, and do quite well (not feeling very modest this morning!), I just smile. I am tired of defending my drive, my passions and my quest for the truth. If I want to Be Unreasonable, then, by God, so I will be!

So yesterday, when we met with the school Principal, and she just tried to play the political, manipulative game, oh Mr & Mrs Breckenridge, we have studied the situation very carefully, and find your suggestions baseless... I just smiled and shifted into my Be Unreasonable gear. Why do I do that?

• It gives me a safe zone, so I can express my anger outwards, towards healing and changing the world, rather than damaging her, the school, or my family,

• If I do not stand up and defend my values, who will?

• What is the point of living in fear?

• If I do my best, as a mother and as a citizen of the school, won't it eventually be a battle people are happy I took on? Like the Annie Besants or Raja Ram Mohan Roys of 19th century India... won't people one day cite me as an example of a social reformer? And whether they do, or not, is not my battle. The issue at stake is.

• The Power of Transformation. When you move from an ordinary state to a Be Unreasonable stage, the energy levels in you transform! You are suddenly taken or shifted into the next paradigm or a higher level of consciousness. And people can't fight that light of purity, of truth, and of divinity...

• As God, the Universe, or whatever we believe the higher power is, notices our struggles, it's almost as if He clears, not just a road, but a highway, for us!

So, people who care... who read my blog.... or just citizens of the world who care about abuse against our children, join me as I try and heal and change the world! One day at a time, one heart at a time. With no need for recognition, however self affirming, and no need of money or material rewards.... this is a spiritual journey inwards. A shamanic trance. A tantric dance.

The Ultimate in Life.




Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high;
Where knowledge is free;
Where the world has not been broken up into fragments by narrow
domestic walls;
Where words come out from the depth of truth;
Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection;
Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way into the
dreary desert sand of dead habit;
Where the mind is led forward by thee into ever-widening thought
and action--
Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake.

-- Rabindranath Tagore








Jhilmil Breckenridge is an energy healer and yoga practitioner who believes she can change the world! Or, in Gandhi's words, Be the Change You Want to See in the World. Join her as she fights her cause—People Against Abuse on Less Powerful People. Our children, the children on the streets, and children at home. I'd love to your from you!


More Information on Shamanic Trances & Tantric Dances...

The word shaman comes from the language of a tribe in Siberia, according to Mircea Eliade, a scholar of religion, a shaman is a man or woman who "journeys" in an altered state of consciousness. Thus, shamanism is the application of what the shaman does.

In his book The Spirit of Shamanism, Roger N. Walsh, M.D., PhD. defines Shamanism as follows: "Shamanism can be defined as a family of traditions whose Practitioners focus on voluntarily entering altered states of consciousness in which they experience themselves or their spirit[s], traveling to other realms at will, and interacting with other entities in order to serve their community." There are many important phrases or key terms included in this definition. The first of which is "traditions." Traditions according to the dictionary are beliefs that are handed down [to the next generation] because of their effectiveness. In the shamanic context, these beliefs are being applied to spiritual healing, which may have an impact on the emotional/mental and physical aspects [bodies] of the individual as well. The shamanic traditions are not surprisingly different from culture to culture setting. This leads to the speculation that these traditions have an original source.



Vajra Ma (www.GreatGoddess.org) says:

About The Tantric Dance of Feminine Power
Sacred Sensual Moving Meditation
The Tantric Dance of Feminine Power is a spiritual treasure. It is the Yoga of Shakti. The practice is spontaneous, self-referred, and can only be discovered by direct communion with the deep innate intelligence and power of the body. It is a highly focused moving meditation which circulates the sexual-creative energy throughout the entire body. Key characteristics distinguish The Tantric Dance of Feminine Power from other yoga, moving meditation and dance forms. Through these distinguishing elements the dancer increases her sensitivity to subtle energies, learns how to absorb them as they intensify, rather than dissipate them, leading to an ever increasing capacity to receive, generate and absorb higher frequencies in the body. "Frequency" is no poetic expression but a concrete, tangible phenomenon. At the higher frequencies, the Tantric Dance is the literal living embodiment of deity. The Tantric Dance of Feminine Power is danced for the benefit of self, witness and all sentient beings.

3 comments:

Julia Dutta said...

Jhilmil,
That was a wonderful post. Very positive indeed. And a nice read.
Julia

Durgasankar Mandal said...

hmm, :). the school principal too agrees with me.:). As I told you, I have six sigma confidence in this matter (at the most 314 people may agree with your suggestion vs. 100 million disagreements).

JSpirit said...

Hey there Julia:
Thanks for your feedback... as it is the truth, I really am fighting this battle, it gives me courage.



Durga,
Thank you for always doubting and questioning me, it makes me think a little harder.
Love,
J