Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Easy Way To Come Back To Feeling 40!

Scene 1
7:00 pm.
4 children are driving Mom crazy. Friend calls up, trouble at school for one of the kids. Call husband, only to hear his voice mail. Mother of the troubled child calls me, and calls my son and me names... Husband at celebratory drinks party for his corporation—first year anniversary! Mom has no idea whether said husband will have dinner at home...

Scene 2
10:30 pm.
All the boys and Dad in bed. Mom ate her dinner, cold and alone, while Dad lies asleep in bed after his tough day. Mom has straightened up the kitchen, and fixed herself a whisky. Mom walks through the house, fixing a cushion here, and tucking a child under the covers there.

Scene 3
10:40 pm.
Starts writing a letter to her love, the man who promised to love and cherish her, 16 years ago...


My darling,

Congratulations on your first year, honey! You must feel so proud, so wonderful, and so competent. While you all were toasting your company, it was a difficult day at home for me. But it's okay. It's all okay, I can handle it.

Sorry I was agitated with Sangeeta. Sorry if I did not rush into your arms to heal and nourish you, as you petulantly announced you also had a bad day. I'm sorry that I was not more sympathetic then.

I hope you can sleep well, my love. After all the celebrations, and the toasts, it's a hard day and you need to sleep off your tiredness. I send you loving and healing so you can rest well and do even more great things tomorrow, in the first day of your company's second year.

So, while I do my girlie pedicure and prepare my body and soul for your big celebration on Saturday, here's wishing you all the love, success and happiness in the world! And if you'd rather I did not come to the Saturday thing, that would be fine too. I can just baby sit the kids. I love doing that. Don't want the CEO to be embarrassed by a crazy wife, after all you have an important role to play!

Love, always,
Jhilmil

7 comments:

Durgasankar Mandal said...

Communication between two adults.
Fundamental shared values.
Fundamental shared principles.
fundamental shared priorities.
Flowing from top to bottom.

JSpirit said...

Thanks Durga... but what are you saying?

Completely confused,
Jhilmil

Durgasankar Mandal said...

:) Think about each words, associations in this little riddle that I provided. Derive your own meanings. What you arrive at is perhaps what I intended to say. :).

I am not expressly saying it because you and I come from different planes of thinking - emotional intelligence. You might not appreciate my style of directness and logic - and "solve the problem" mode of thinking.

JSpirit said...

Okay... am mulling it over and meditating on the words and riddles... will get back to you soon.

In vipassana a bit to heal, so it may take a little while. Am very unwell after yesterday.

Love,
J

Durgasankar Mandal said...

What can I say?

Only that you are a true hero. Fighting still when lot of other warriors give way.

Much like Masutatsu Yoyama - the grandmaster of Kyokushion Kai-kan karate. He was fighting with 100 best fighters every day one by one non-stop. This continued for 3 days. Still, he continued to fight.

He was grievously injured in the first day itself. But went on fighting the next two days too - that is the way of the warrior.

The spirit of the warrior never ever gives up.

Later the grandmaster introduced this system of fighting 100 karatekas in his style of karate. Only 16 people all over the world to this day have been able to achieve that feat.

JSpirit said...

You are a sweetheart, Durga!

Thanks for seeing the hero in me... it's a little damaged today... but tomorrow is a new day.

Love,
J

JSpirit said...

Okay, Durga, here's my analysis, tell me if I am missing anything...
This is originally a letter to my husband, but when I sensed it would damage him, I put it on my blog instead of emailing it to him. Fundamentally, we share the values that we need to keep our home and family safe. In order to do this, he has decided, for now, to be the main bread winner, and me the caregiver to our children. Therefore, we have agreed that these are our priorities, and on a normal day, we are both happy doing that. Thursday was not a normal day... and that is why the bubble burst a bit. The energy is flowing from high to low, or top to bottom, as energy is like water, it will find its own level... as my energy levels are higher, purer, they flow from top to bottom.

How did I do?

Love,
J

PS: I love honesty, so you can be as direct as you need... am in vipassana, so I can choose whether or not to respond!