Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Art of Feeling 16 in a 40 Year Old Body...

• Pink!

• Kissing

• Exchanging music, flowers and candy

• Romance

• Being Wooed

• Blushing

• Feeling Shy

• Feeling "Like A Virgin"


Okay, so what does this have to do with you, ask my jaded 40-ish friends...

I giggle with excitement, a mystery lurking behind my eyes and lips, spirituality oozing from my pores...

Don't they realise the secret to staying, feeling and looking young? Celebrate the child in us. To take that a step further, become the child!

I miss being 16. I never was 16 in the way described above. I was repressed by my parents, by society, by expectations... At 16, I was this girl in a geek's body—pigtailed hair, no interest in boys, studying all the time... I stayed far away from pink, had no idea what being wooed felt like, and my parents thought they were blessed with a trouble free teenager.

Watch out, world! The 16 year old debutante in me is being presented to society. Pink. Blushing. Virginal.

No comments: