Tuesday, September 11, 2007

"Strange that creatures without backbones have the hardest shells."

Kahlil Gibran... Poet to some, prophet to others. An inspiration to me...



From his musings, Sand & Foam, he says:
"Strange that creatures without backbones have the hardest shells."

How true that is! Like my father... when he talks about saving the world, but cannot shield his child from abuse or speak out about his grandson's abuse on national TV. Life in fear... No backbones. Hardest shells.


Or a beloved many years ago. Who made an assignation to meet... and we both looked forward to the date with anticipation... only he pulled out last moment. Fear... what will people say?



And these are the people with the thickest skins... or the hardest shells. The people with blocked hearts, as I like to say... the people with heart disease, strokes, and hypertension.



Love and blessings be to you both... men I adored in my past... and pity now... may you live in peace, prosperity and wellness.

I set you both free... may you fly with Allah's blessings!

Love,
Jhilmil

No comments: