Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Feeling trapped...


I am slightly manic. Okay, so I know that. I love the deliciousness of mania. I love the energy and the boundless enthusiasm, the flavours and smells that seem more enhanced, the colours of life.

But why is it that my family hates it? Why do they keep threatening to "take me to the doctor"... concern is one thing. But I am being careful and watchful. A good mother and wife and entrepreneur. Why do they only want to "take me to the doctor" when I am slightly manic? Why not when I feel quiet and suicidal??

Families the world over use hospitals and doctors like an invisible sword hanging over people like me. And we are so terrified of being locked up again that we bow under and bite our words and hide our delight at being manic.

I think it is a crime. To live constantly looking over our shoulders, to not be ourselves because husband and watchman does not approve...

What do you think?? Write in with your thoughts, at least I'll feel I'm not alone.

Love,
Jhilmil

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I agree jhilmil..Families tend to get over sensitive about how we feel and tend to over react..They really dont realize the effects.

when we are feeling fine or just a normal mood variation one is asked are you high or low. its a kind of reminder that you are not supposed to be fine..but we all want you to be fine..Over critical is not good..

Kuldeep

Tanya said...

Jhilmil
I am so glad you are writing again. I think people tend to respond to what they perceive and when you are quiet and depressed, they don't see that, but when you are active and hyper, that is hard to ignore. Its great that you are involved in yourself, your life, and your personal and professional developments.
my fondest wishes for you

JSpirit said...

Thanks Kuldeep and Tanya!! I feel loved...