Monday, July 9, 2007

Yoga in Pregnancy

Yoga in pregnancy has a host of benefits. Yoga is the union of the mind and body, and what better time to do this when pregnant? I practiced yoga and meditation through my fourth pregnancy, and the resulting baby is calm, happy and fills my life with joy.

I want to now share my experiences with other pregnant women looking to stay fit, destress and calm their minds, and gear up for the most exciting journey of their lives: motherhood!

Pregnancy yoga asanas will help loosen joints, open up the cervix, alleviate pregnancy irritants like backaches, nausea, and help you looking and feeling great through your pregnancy and beyond. Pranayam breathing will give the foetus the oxygen their minds need from the fifth month of pregnancy to nurture the emerging soul. Meditation will help the mother stay calm and centred and aware of the awesome responsibility she carries when pregnant to the unborn baby.

The class will be led by me, mother of 4, and founder of Delhi's top maternity boutique, Motherware. Call me at 98186 88388 for more details. Classes will be held in Shanti Niketan, New Delhi. Tuesdays & Fridays 11 am for an hour. Rs. 350 per class or a discounted Rs. 2500 per month.

No comments: